Skill Select Australia
Skill Select is the very first step for a visa application. It is an indication that you would like to be considered for a skilled visa. You will be asked to provide a range of information in your Skill Select depending on the visa(s) you want to be considered for such as:
- Basic personal information
- Nominated occupation
- Work experience
- Study and education
- Level of English skills
- Details of a Skills Assessment, related to your nominated occupation
- Business and investment experience.
For more details on what questions and information you will need to supply in your Skill Select, you should refer to the webpage for the visa(s) you are interested in.
Points Based Test
For the points based skilled migration and business innovation and investment visa programs, you will be ranked according to the appropriate points test. You will be able to submit a Skill Select even if you do not meet the pass mark; however, you will not be invited to apply for a visa. The pass mark is the number of points required to be eligible for skilled migration. The pass marks is 60 points. It is important to remember that meeting the points test pass mark does not guarantee you an invitation to apply for a visa.
If you select the subclass 190 or 489 visa(s) you will receive the appropriate points for nomination or sponsorship. For example if you select the 190 visa subclass you will receive 5 points which will be added to your points score. Your points score based on your claims in your Skill Select will then be displayed before you submit your Skill Select.
If you are submitting a Skill Select for a visa that requires you to list a nominated occupation you should establish if your occupation is a skill that Australia needs. You can do this by checking the Skilled Occupation List. You must provide details of a Skills Assessment relating to your nominated occupation in your Skill Select.
Skilled migration points test requirements under Skill Select
The three points-tested skilled migration visa subclasses (189, 190 and 489) will continue to require:
- Intending migrants pass a points test to be invited to apply for a visa.
- Factors assessed under the new points test will be similar to the current points test.
- The main difference is that the points will be based on the applicants attributes at the time of invitation rather than at the time of application lodgment or decision.
- The pass mark is the minimum number of points required to be eligible for a points tested skilled migration visa and is subject to change in response to Australian labor market needs.
From 1 July 2012, if you are interested in the following visas, you will need to submit a Skill Select and receive an invitation before you can apply for a visa:
You can also express interest in the following visa programs on your Skill Select to be selected by an employer.
Benefits of Skill Select
- There will hassle free documentation while submitting Skill Select.
- Skill Select will be there for 2 years in the database.
- One time investment
If you wish to apply Skilled Select Visa for Australia you can get the complete assistance from the Australian migration expert at WVP International.
You may contact the experts at WVP on +91 8130026294,011-49406708. The experts at WVP International have got years of experience in Australian immigration process and diverse visa categories. Hence, you can expect the best mentor ship and guidance while you apply for this visa.