Check Eligibility
Call Us
+91 92052 56089
Mail Us

Germany Immigration Consultants in Delhi

What is the EU Blue Card? Who is eligible for it? Where can I get it? Quick Enquiry Check Your Eligibility

Germany Immigration

The fastest and legal way to get Germany PR Visa

EU Blue Card

Third-country nationals may be granted an EU Blue Card, if they,

  • have completed a course of study at a university or other tertiary educational institution with a minimum duration of three years,
  • have received a binding job offer for at least one year in Austria and the employment corresponds to the applicant’s education,
  • will earn a gross annual income of at least one and a half times the average gross annual income of full-time employees (in 2016: at least € 58,434 which is about € 4,174 gross monthly income plus special payments),and the labour market testshows that there is no equally qualified worker
  • registered as a jobseeker with the Public Employment Service (AMS) available for the job.

A points system is not used for the EU Blue Card.

Where should the application be filed?

Applications for an EU Blue Card may either be filed by the applicant in person with the competent Austrian representation (embassy or consulate) in the applicant’s home state or country of residence or, on the other hand, by the potential employer with the competent residence authority in Austria (local Provincial Governor’s Office or the duly authorised district administration bodies . An employer’s declaration has to be submitted along with the application.

Persons who are entitled to enter Austria without a visa or already have a valid residence title may also file the application themselves with the abovementioned competent residence authority in Austria.

Which documents should be submitted?

The following documents, in particular, should be submitted for the issuance of a residence title:

  • a valid travel document (e.g. passport)
  • a birth certificate or a similar document recognised by Austria,
  • a photo (dimensions: 45x35mm) of the applicant, taken recently (six months ago or less),
  • if applicable:
  • marriage certificate
  • divorce certificate
  • certificate of registered partnership
  • certificate of the dissolution of the registered partnership
  • adoption papers
  • evidence or certificate of the family relationship
  • death certificate
  • evidence of health insurance (compulsory insurance or a corresponding insurance policy)
  • evidence of completion of a course of study at a university or other tertiary educational institution with a minimum duration of three years:
  • certificate of successful graduation
  • proof of the status of the university or other tertiary educational institution (Find more information about recognized degrees here.)
  • employer’s declaration pursuant to the Act Governing the Employment of Foreign Nationals,

Originals and copies of the abovementioned documents must be submitted. The authority may request that German or English translations or certified versions of the documents be provided for a thorough examination.

When will an EU Blue Card be issued?

The Austrian representation or residence authority will send the application and supporting documents to the Public Employment Service (AMS). The AMS will examine whether,

  • course of study with a minimum duration of three years was completed,
  • the salary conforms to the statutory minimum salary mentioned above, and
  • no equally qualified workers registered as jobseekers are available for the position.

If all requirements are fulfilled, the AMS will send a confirmation to the residence authority, which will consequently issue the EU Blue Card, provided that the other requirements (except for locally customary accommodation and adequate means of subsistence) are met. If the application is granted, the residence authority will inform the applicant. Applicants who need a visa to enter Austria have to apply for a visa D (Visum D) in order to enter Austria and collect the residence title. The EU Blue Card entitles the holder to fixed-term settlement and employment with a specific employer. It is issued for a validity of 24 months.

When will a Red-White-Red Card plus be issued?

Holders of an EU Blue Card may apply for a Red-White-Red Card plus with the competent residence authority in Austria (Provincial Governor ( or the duly authorised district administration bodies , if they were employed in accordance with the criteria decisive for receiving the EU Blue Card for at least 21 months during the preceding 24 months. The Public Employment Service (AMS) conducts the examination. The Red-White-Red Card plus entitles the holder to fixed-term settlement and unlimited labour market access (not limited to a specific employer).

Why WVP Internatioal?

WVP International is a registered and experienced immigration consultancy. We can help in getting your documents ready for a particular visa. Our process is scrutinized at several levels to help you have an error-free process.

Have any Questions? Ask a Specialist

7 Days a Week From 10.00am To 06.00pm

Toll Free (Consultant)